Sunday, May 4, 2008

A wonderful birthday

It is no secret, I turned 29 this year! I thought it was going to be awful but it wasn't a big deal!

I was reminded how many amazing people I am surrounded by that love me.

It turned out to be a "birth week" celebration rather than just a birthday.

First, my sweet husband sent me these flowers. Tulips, my favorite!

Then when I got home I had a surprise in the mail (and everyone knows that I LOVE to get mail) It was a package from Randy, Ashley and Kendall all the way from L.J. That was really exciting!

We had a large group that went to dinner that night and stayed way to long talking and having fun! It was a blast!

On Friday Jeff and I went to a carnival to celebrate by ourselves but it was really colder than we had expected so we stayed long enough to share a funnel cake. As we got close to the car we both said man that corn dog looked good too! SO we turned around and got a corn dog (the biggest corn dog you have ever seen) and went and set in the car and ate it while making "that's what she said" jokes! Since the fair had been cut short due to the chilliness we went to Target together and shopped till they kicked us out. It was fun to shop together and it was really nice to have his opinion on things!

Then Saturday we had a party GNO style and you would not believe the way these girls lavished me with gifts. All this is from only 3 great girls!


This is what came out of all those bags!




Then on Sunday Michellevis came over and we celebrated between our birthdays since it was the 14th and my bday is the 10th and hers is the 18th. We also celebrate our half birthday together on October 14th, this is becoming a fun new tradition!

I bet you thought I forgot, but there is no way I will ever forget this! This was the absolute BEST part of my whole celebration! My sweet Kendall sent me a message that brought tears to my eyes!


And then "birth week" was over. But it sure was good while it lasted!

2 comments:

RanAshKenCoop said...

you forgot to tell everybody that i am in my "birthday suit"!!

Gigi and Peeps said...

I can't believe that one of my babies is 29 years old. Seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was that age. You are such a beautiful woman and it is so cool that since you are "grown up" we can be great friends! I love spending time with you as much now as I did when you were a kid. You make me proud to be your mom. Happy Birth week baby...i love you!